This is Popular Product. I have a problem. I can't buy anymore caps. Please order here and send me your stern cap and I will promptly return it with a bracket attached!
Use a bubble wrap envelope it cost about $2.60 for First Class postage. Send to
Sail Your Kayak
1005 County Rd
East Calais VT 05650
Intended primarily for Greenland ll kayaks. We have modified a standard plastic Folbot End Cap by adding a Stainless steel bracket. This will keep the rudder from twisting as much and allow better steering while sailing.They are great for other expedition Folbot kayaks as well.
You can also just order your own rudder bracket and do it yourself.
To change your Folbot End cap.
1) Remove frame from Hull. Keep all nuts,washers,screws to reinstall.
2) Use a socket to remove stern nut. This is a carriage bolt so
it will remove easily.
3) Unzip the hull fully. Reach in and place a Phillips head screw driver to reach the screw and turn off the top nut. Roll cap off hull.
4) To reinstall push cap over stern bolt and push top bolt up
through fabric and up to cap.Reuse the white nylon washers
and refasten cap.
5) Add optional nylon loop and cut excess from bolts supplied
from SYK or reuse your original bolts.